Scroll to Top
- “Velcro Dogs” – Vizslas are extremely affectionate family dogs. They want to live inside with the family and go where the family go’s (walks, trips to store, etc).
- Require exercise – The AKC characterizes the Vizsla as a high energy and medium sized breed. In our experience they must be exercised twice a day and that does not include just a walk around the block. This can include long walks, swimming with people/other dogs, running (after first year and Vet approval), fetch at the park, etc.
- Great temperament – barks very seldom…this is for sure a plus!
- Short Coat – Vizsla's really do not shed much
- Hunting Breed – without any training these dogs have natural hunting instincts. If you choose to train your dog for hunting it is important to locate a trainer with experience in training the Vizsla breed. Vizsla’s do not respond well to harsh training methods.